Application: Sterling Trader® Pro
Release Date: February 12, 2015
NEW FEATURES / BUG FIXES
ORDER DESK MANAGER:
- Support for Options orders has been added.
- New column added to both views: Inst. Displays the instrument of the associated order.
- Enforce price of children orders setting added. (Note: Limit orders only. Buys <= parent order, Sells >= parent order. ActiveX reject code is -55.)
- An optional Desk Bar has been added (View > Desk Bar).
- Contains open Desk orders.
- Desk orders are added by dragging/dropping orders from the Desk window into the Options OE window. The dropped order becomes the current working order.
- Dropping a Desk order will display the Desk Bar if it is currently hidden.
- Selecting a Desk order will pre-fill the Options OE window based on the order’s attributes.
- When displayed, the Options OE window goes into ‘Desk Mode’. The Symbol field (and all related) are disabled and any orders sent are associated with the currently selected Desk order.
- Desk orders are removed from the Desk Bar when they are no longer open.
- Enabled in Elite only.
- The columns controlled by the Show broker information, Show liquidity flag, and Show liquidity fee permissions (Trader List > Super Manager page) are now hidden if not enabled. Previously only the values were hidden.
- If Trainee mode is enabled (Trainee page), the values used for Day Buying Power, Night Buying Power, and Maximum Loss will now be the lower value between the regular (Risk II, Risk III pages) and trainee (Trainee page) values. This allows non-Super Managers to affect trainee accounts without direct access to the Trainee page.
LOGIN STATUS DIALOG (MANAGER):
- New column added: Lang. Displays the language setting of the associated login. (Note: For Managers prior to 9.2.4, the language value will be appended to the value in the Brand column.
- Modified to accommodate large numbers of individual quote replies.
- Fixed issue regarding the refreshing of data after the initial quote data is received.
LEVEL II OE:
- The ‘After sending order set focus to…’ setting (Global Settings > Level II OE page) is now honored in Desk mode.
EXECUTION DESTINATIONS DIALOG:
- NYSE designation has been added to the Add/Edit Destination dialog.
- Price Types page added. Here the user can select the Prices, Price Types, and TIFs they would like to be displayed or hidden in the order entry windows throughout the application, subject to the normal restrictions the different order entry windows currently have.
- The mechanism for the handling and displaying of live updates has been optimized.
- Daily/Weekly/Monthly charts were not displaying if the Time Range setting was enabled. Fixed.
TICK SIZES DIALOG:
- A Tick Sizes dialog has been added, accessible from the main window (View > Tick Sizes…). Here the user can setup the tick size rules for different country codes, to be used as the increment/decrement in the order entry Price fields. Japan’s tick sizes are included with this version.
- Enable tick sizes setting included in the dialog. Defaults to ‘ON’.
- The IPO Date field is now formatted.
- The following fields have been removed:
- Removed the OSI options symbology check when submitting an order. Floating point number representation in some client apps was causing rare false rejections.
ESIGNAL QUOTE FEED:
- AvgVol (Fundamental Data window) is now provided by the eSignal Quote Feed. (Note: eSignal’s is a 10-day average, so it will differ slightly from the non-eSignal-provided average volumes.)
SUNGARD QUOTE FEED:
- Options requests were being sent to the Sungard Quote Feed (which does not handle options), causing issues. Fixed.
- The following international markets are now handled for Level I quotes:
- Austria (Vienna)
- Belgium (Brussels)
- France (Paris)
- Germany (Frankfort)
- Ireland (Dublin)
- Italy (Milan)
- Netherlands (Amsterdam)
- Norway (Oslo)
- OMX Nordic (Denmark/Finland/Sweden)
- Poland (Warsaw)
- Portugal (Lisbon)
- Spain (Madrid)
- Switzerland (Zurich)
- All QCS categories (North America, Asia, etc.) have been added to the Connection Selection dialog. (Available at startup if the trader is permissioned for ‘Enable connection selection’).
- Some obscure symbologies were mistakenly being treated as Forex symbols, causing the quote requests to go to the wrong quote server. Now verifies that both sides of the slash are actual currency names. (Note: The currencies are currently limited to the ones we display in the order entry windows.)